Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Comparing the 2 True Grit Films

            I decide to check out both True Grit films to see which one I think is better. For the most the 2 stories are similiar, the only main differences are the beginning and the end. For example in the original we get to see Mattie's father alive while in the remake he's already dead. Also there were other changes during in the remake, like the guy in the bear skin and the guy that was hanging from a tree. The endings for each film were different, while in the original everything turned outfor the most part okay, the ending to the remake was much darker.
              So which film did a like better, personally I liked the remake a little better than the original. First off The remake was much darker than the original. Second Jeff Bridges played a more intimadating Rooster Cogburn when he gets drunk than John Wayne did. However I did like Mattie better in the original than the remake, Mattie in the remake seems more obsessed with getting Cheney, while the original seemed more realilistic. I'm not saying the original is bad, I just like the remake a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment